Animal Care opened nine (9) GS-0701-11/12 Veterinary Medical Officer (VMO) vacancies yesterday. These permanent positions offer candidates the ability to choose where they want to live as they are geographically dispersed throughout the United States.
Animal Care opened nine (9) GS-0701-11/12 Veterinary Medical Officer (VMO) vacancies!
These permanent positions offer candidates the ability to choose where they want to live as they are geographically dispersed throughout the United States. This announcement is very unique as it not only allows for candidates who already possess a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree to apply, it also allows for those expecting to graduate no later than June 30, 2019 to apply.
Candidates who are expected to have their DVM degree conferred no later than June 30, 2019, will be referred to the hiring manager, considered for employment, and possibly offered a position with a delayed entrance on duty date after they have completed their degree requirements. The vacancy announcement is open for 1-week only closes on Friday, December 21, 2018.
Animal Care provides national leadership in the humane treatment of animals covered by the Animal Welfare Act (AWA), the elimination of soring and promotion of fair competition at events covered by the Horse Protection Act (HPA), and the safety and well-being of pets and other animals during disasters.
Duties performed by these field veterinarians may include, but are not limited to:
• Scheduling and performing pre-licensing inspections, routine and periodic inspections, deficiency follow-up inspections, and special investigations.
• Ensuring compliance with the AWA by conducting inspections at various types of facilities.
• Enforcing compliance with the HPA by inspecting horses at shows, exhibitions, sales, and auctions.
• Developing and recommending new procedures and practices for properly and efficiently enforcing the Acts.
• Serving as a liaison between the Agency and the general public.
We invite all current Doctors of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), and those expecting to complete the degree requirements and receive a DVM no later than June 30, 2019, to apply for these opportunities. These vacancies are open to the general public, and all US Citizens are eligible to apply.
For potential candidates convenience, please click the location below to find a list of duties.
Questions regarding these positions should be directed to the Agency Contact provided at the end of each vacancy announcement.