Professorship in Crop Management
The School of Natural Sciences at California State University, Monterey Bay invites applications for the Bob & Sue Johnson Professorship in Crop Management, an endowed tenure-track position at the assistant, associate or full professor rank to begin in August 2019.
The School of Natural Sciences at California State University, Monterey Bay invites applications for the Bob & Sue Johnson Professorship in Crop Management, an endowed tenure-track position at the assistant, associate or full professor rank to begin in August 2019. We are seeking candidates with expertise in crop management to provide leadership in building our new bachelor’s degree program in Agricultural Plant and Soil Science and to establish an applied research program aligned with the needs of the region’s unique agricultural industry. The ideal candidate will collaborate with local industry, agencies and organizations to integrate problem solving, communication, applied science and technology, and hands-on learning throughout the curriculum.
Known as the “Salad Bowl of the World”, the Salinas Valley is one of the most productive agricultural regions in the world, and with proximity to Silicon Valley in the north, has become a hub for the AgTech industry. Ideal candidates will have expertise and experience that is aligned with the unique nature of our local agricultural industry and the extraordinary opportunity it affords.
As a member campus of the CSU Agricultural Research Institute, our campus receives annual funding to support applied agricultural research.
The faculty member will be expected to:
• Contribute to ongoing development of a new B.S. program in Agricultural Plant and Soil Sciences
• Teach upper-division and lower-division courses related to crop production and agricultural management
• Maintain an active, extramurally funded research program relevant to the needs of regional agriculture
• Ph.D. in Crop Science, Agronomy, Plant Science, Soil and Water Management, or closely related field by time of appointment
• Prior experience in ag-related industry, ag extension, or applied research in vegetable crop and/or berry production
• Ability to secure extramural funding to support active research program in area of expertise, relevant to regional agricultural needs
• Commitment to undergraduate education
• Experience working effectively in an ethnically and culturally diverse community
• Ability to provide leadership as well as to work collaboratively as part of a team
• Ability to communicate in Spanish
• Experience teaching or mentoring, in academic, extension, or industry setting
• Ability to facilitate innovations in regional agriculture
Link to Job Posting: http://apptrkr.com/1353978 i