Rivers & Trails Program Manager
Groundwork Hudson Valley is a 501 C3 non-profit organization committed to "changing places and changing lives" in the lower Hudson Valley. Our mission is to create sustainable environmental change in urban neighborhoods through community-based partnerships that promote equity, youth leadership development. Groundwork partners with neighborhood residents, private and non profit partners, local businesses and government officials to identify environmental improvements that will advance equitable, healthy, vibrant communities and empower the next generation of community leaders.
- The Yonkers Greenway: Design of the first ever ever, 2 mile walking/biking path to connect downtown Yonkers with New York City is currently underway in partnership with the City of Yonkers. Construction is estimated for early 2020 with planning for the New York City connection of the Greenway beginning in 2019.
- Revitalizing the Saw Mill River Coalition: The Saw Mill River Coalition is a dynamic partnership of nonprofit groups, government agencies, muncipalites, and business committed to revitalizing and protecting the Saw Mill River and developing a county-wide Saw Mill River watershed plan.
- Park programming and landscaping: including public tours and interpretive signage for three day lighted parks in downtown Yonkers as well as working with Groundwork's sustainability education program to develop relevant and engaging curriculum.
- Saw Mill River wetlands restoration: including planting and maintaining water absorbing vegetation to abate flooding, and managing invasive species removal in partnerships with Groundwork's youth leadership program and the US Fish & Wildlife Service.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, work well independently as well as accept supervision; share the values and vision of the organization; and demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people from different backgrounds. Qualifications include:
- Excellent project management skills (certification a plus);
- At least three years of program management experience, with work on watersheds, parks and/or greenway a plus;
- Advanced training and/or prior work experience in public administration, community engagement, and/or urban planning;
- Experience working with/for municipal or state government a plus;
- Demonstrated organizational skills along with strong oral and written communication skills;
- An ability to balance competing priorities and deadlines and handle multiple tasks;
- Basic computer skills: Word, Excel , and PowerPoint;
- An ability to communicate in Spanish is a plus.
Compensation: Salary range is $44,000- $54,000 commensurate with experience . Employee benefits include employer payment of 80%
Application Deadline: February 1, 2019.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
To Apply: Please submit a letter of interest and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject header Rivers and Trails Program Manager.
Groundwork Hudson Valley is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate in any employer/employee relations based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable discrimination laws.