Associate Director of
Scientific Marketing Affairs of Companion Animals
Merck’s Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
The Associate Director Scientific Marketing Affairs, Global Marketing is part of the Global Companion Animal Marketing team. This team sets the strategic direction for the Global Companion Animal market worldwide and ensures strategic alignment with all relevant functions within the organization. The position reports to the Director Scientific Marketing Affairs, Companion Animal and is based in Madison, New Jersey, USA.
The main objective of this position is to give specialized, high level global veterinary support to local markets to achieve annual and strategic goals. A secondary objective is to provide scientific marketing affairs input to R&D to develop products that are aligned with our global portfolio strategy and customer needs in the relevant markets. The nature of this role requires flexibility to be able to travel, as and when required, to properly fulfill the principal tasks and responsibilities as indicated below:
- Ensure technical readiness for new product launches. Provide global technical input into product introduction teams. Collaborate with R&D on product development and insights on consumer research.
- Maintain awareness and provide technical analysis of competitor products and relevant technical activities, in collaboration with marketing, business intelligence, regions and local markets as needed. Ensure technical analysis of competitors is effectively communicated to global colleagues and local markets to optimum benefit.
- Organize, update, share and communicate technical information for new and existing products to ensure that the highest quality of technical information is available locally and globally to meet strategic and operational needs.
- Generate written technical information for publication or verbal presentation at meetings.
- Provide global technical representation at relevant meetings, congresses and exhibitions to promote and enhance the technical profile and good scientific standing of the company.
- Assist in developing, managing and maintaining a good technical relationship with key opinion leaders and academics locally and globally.
- Ensure that global promotional material and technical marketing communication is technically accurate, ethical, correctly reflects the authorized product label and product positioning, and is compliant with company policies.
- Provide high-quality global customer product/technical support, either directly or through support of local markets
- Design and conduct market support studies that are properly designed and comply with our global compliance and regulatory requirements
Education Minimum Requirement:
A degree in Veterinary Medicine; DVM or equivalent
Required Experience and Skills**:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Full proficiency in spoken and written English (proficiency in second major language is preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including intercultural, interpersonal and general communication with a natural ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Availability to travel (approx. 30% travel both domestic and international)
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Prior experience in veterinary private practice or a university clinic is desirable
- Previous technical advisory experience in an animal health company or other relevant industry is desirable
- Global exposure/experience is preferred
(US/Puerto Rico Only) In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. If you have any questions, please contact your HRBP or Staffing Consultant.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit: