Associate Director, Academic Liaison of Animal Health
Merck’s Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
This position will be field based. Responsible for working with veterinary schools and key veterinary organizations to promote Merck’s vision and enhance awareness of Merck as a trusted business partner. Develops and grows trusting and influential relationships and identifies opportunities to bring value to key North American Veterinary Schools. Collaborates with internal business partners and Veterinary Schools to align, execute and support key initiatives. This position also assists on enhancing Merck Animal Health’s visibility and branding in Animal Science schools and youth agriculture organizations.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• With the Veterinary & Consumer Affair Lead and Academic and Allied Industry Liaison Lead, helps to set strategy for developing and enhancing Merck influence with Veterinary Schools.
• Drive visibility by communicating Merck’s vision, position and messaging to create trust with key North American Veterinary Schools.
• With the Veterinary & Consumer Affair Lead and Academic and Allied Industry Liaison Lead, helps to develop training program and hiring for veterinary school student representatives.
• Seek opportunities to bring value by targeted projects with key Veterinary Schools and drive execution of these projects.
• Develop opportunities to enhance collaboration with Veterinary Schools (events, seminars, scholarships) and Animal Science/Agriculture schools to enhance Merck’s visibility with new generations of veterinarians and animal science professionals. This will be done in close collaboration with our Human Resources Business Partners.
• Develop opportunities to enhance collaboration with FFA, MANNRS, AFA and other youth agriculture organizations to enhance Merck’s visibility and to identify future talent pipeline.
• Work with Merck companion animal, equine, beef, dairy, poultry, and swine technical consultants to align on research and educational priorities with Veterinary Schools.
- Work with Merck’s companion animal, equine, beef, dairy, poultry, and swine commercial teams to align on Vet Schools and Allied Industry communication outreach plans.
Education Minimum Requirement:
• Must have a DVM or equivalent
Required Experience and Skills**:
• Minimum of 3 years of related work experience within the animal health industry, academia or other related fields.
• Must have teamwork and strong collaborative skills for effective interactions and communications.
• Must have excellent project management skills.
• Must be highly self-motivated, have a strong presence, and outstanding presentation skills.
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of products
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Experience working with veterinary schools
(US/Puerto Rico Only) In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. If you have any questions, please contact your HRBP or Staffing Consultant.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit: