Animal Health Companion Animal Marketing
Merck’s Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally. .
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
The job scope and primary focus for this position is to actively support the US marketing strategy via coordination and execution of marketing activities including:
- Support and service MAH product portfolio
- Logistical support for market field trials assisting Sales and Tech Services
- Developing and executing plans for engaging customers and meeting customer needs
- Participate in field based events (trade show support; customers education regarding the features and benefits of MAH products and services).
- Ensure clear, concise and timely communication and also problem identification with Sales and Tech Services
This is a full- time Co-op position. Housing subsidy is not available as part of this program and must be funded 100% by the student.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in Animal Science, Agribusiness, Veterinary School, Animal Health, Business, Marketing, Communications or related degree programs
- Candidates must have completed at least 2 years of college course work by June 2019
- Candidates must be available for a period of 6 months
- Candidates must have critical thinking skills to carry out instructions and make decisions within scope of authority
- Candidates must have the ability to follow policies and procedures and be an active member of a team
- Candidates must have strong problem solving skills involving several variables
- Candidates must have general computer skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Candidates must have excellent English communication skills, oral and written
- Candidates must have the ability to adapt communication to international audiences
- Candidates must have a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Preferred candidates have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Preferred candidates have had leadership roles during college
- Preferred candidates with experience in a multinational and/or corporate business setting
- Preferred candidates with experience in consumer or professional marketing, PR or advertising
- Preferred candidates have additional language fluency highly desirable
- Preferred candidates have a love and passion for animals
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit: