Assistant Professor of Teaching in the
Department of Animal Science
- A Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Agricultural Communications, Education, or Leadership or related disciplines, preferably with postgraduate experience
Other preferred qualifications include:
- Documented success in some or all of the following areas as related to teaching agriculture:
- teaching large undergraduate classes
- Use of evidence based teaching practices
- Use of modern instructional technology including virtual models
- Ability to identify and develop effective teaching strategies for diverse student populations
- Conducting pedagogical education research, especially as related to achieving learning outcomes, as consistent with a successful discipline-based education research program.
- Curriculum vitae
- A description of your research background (not to exceed two pages)
- Statement of current and proposed teaching and science education research (not to exceed four pages)
- A statement describing your past experience in and future plans for activities that promote diversity and inclusion.
- Applicants should provide the names and contact information of 4 references.
For more information on this position and UC Davis in general, please visit the following web site: https://ucdavis.edu