Director Western Integrated Pest Management Center (WIPMC)Academic Coordinator III
The University of California, Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources (UC ANR), a statewide program with local development and delivery is seeking a Director to assume leadership for its Western IPM Center (WIPMC) within the UC Statewide IPM Program. The Director will provide overall leadership of the Western IPM Center, with responsibility for its successful management and operations, including supervision of Western IPM Center staff. The Director will collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders to identify regional IPM need and objectives and formulate strategies to address important IPM issues. The Director will communicate with the WIPMC Advisory Committee and represent the Western IPM Center to other agencies at the state, regional, and national levels to identify opportunities for collaboration. The Director will oversee official responses to federal agency information requests that will be prepared by the Center's regional Network Coordinators and other state contacts.
- Provide programmatic leadership, administration, management and coordination for the Center.
- Manage budget, financial, personnel, and programmatic operations of the Center.
- Effectively administer USDA contracts (approximately $1.0 million annually), including local Center operational expenses and subcontracts to other institutions in the West.
- Supervise 1-3 on site staff and coordinate the activities of 1-3 remotely located Network Coordinators.
- Identify and prioritize regional and national IPM needs.
- Coordinate Center information dissemination among IPM- related interests in western states.
- Work with western state IPM coordinators, university research and cooperative extension staff at western state universities, commodity groups, tribal nations and state agencies responsible for agriculture and pest management.
Education and Experience:
A minimum of a Master's Degree is required, though advanced degrees are encouraged, in an appropriate scientific discipline and professional background in any of the following pest management fields; entomology, plant pathology, weed science, nematology, or vertebrate pest management. A minimum of four years' experience leading or managing a problem, obtaining and managing competitive grants, and supervising staff. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
Access full position announcement for more details.
Beginning salary will be in the Academic Coordinator III rank and commensurate with applicable experince and professional qualifications. For information regarding Academic Coordinator salary scales, please refer to the University of California website: http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/285845.pdf
For a full position vacancy announcement, academic application, form and application instructions visit: http://ucanr.edu/jobs/
To assure full consideration, application packets should be submitted in their entirely no later than February 15, 2019 to: email@example.com.
Please refer to position AP #18-08.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status or other protected categories by the UC nondiscrimination policy.