Account Officer Trainee
Learn the skills and achieve the proficiency necessary to independently
perform all functions of an Agricultural Account Officer role in an
efficient, competent and effective manner. Comply with all
AgCredit, ACA policies and procedures while maintaining
regular and punctual attendance as expected of this position.
1. Successfully completes training activities as assigned.
- Actively participates in and fully attends all training sessions and events.
- Completes assignments and tasks in a timely manner as directed by trainer(s) and/or Branch Manager.
- Completes assigned assessments and achieves minimum passing scores, as required.
2. Under the guidance of the trainer(s) and Branch Manager, develops skills and proficiency in the following areas with the expectation of being able to independently perform these tasks in an efficient and competent manner at the completion of training:
- Grows the Association’s market share in the assigned territory by originating loans to new and existing customers, servicing existing customers and consistently delivering an exceptional, value-added customer experience.
- Works with prospective and existing customers to understand their farming operation and goals in order to deliver the best-suited lending solutions and practical agricultural and financial recommendations.
- Accepts and underwrites agricultural loan applications in a timely manner and evaluates the information available to arrive at sound credit recommendations and decisions that minimize risk and maximize profitability.
- Markets and actively promotes the Association’s products, services and initiatives.
- Collaborates with branch and Association team members in order to deliver lending solutions in a manner that meets regulatory requirements and exceeds customer expectations.
3. Begins to build professional relationships with existing and prospective customers, community leaders and other influencers within the assigned territory.
4. Attends and participates in Association and community events to build a community presence.
5. Stays abreast of current agricultural issues and trends.
6. Represents, communicates and demonstrates the Core Values of the Association.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to employ diplomacy and tact with customers and prospects while articulating the benefits of AgCredit.
Strong interpersonal, time management, analytical, listening and marketing skills.
Current awareness of economic developments and production technology affecting agriculture in the region.
Overall knowledge and desire to continually study and be fluent in AgCredit, AgFirst, and FCA credit practices, policies, and procedures, and other general financial terms and trends in the lending industry and particular to agricultural lending.
Demonstrated computer proficiency and familiarity with financial databases and spreadsheet applications.
Agricultural lending, including analysis of financials, is beneficial.
Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture, Business Administration, Economics or Finance.
- Be assertive and decisive in arriving at sound business decisions which serve the best interest of the association and the borrower.
- Interact effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Make sound business decisions.
- Travel and visually inspect customer's property to evaluate credit factors and complete farm visits as well as travel to/from other branch offices.
- Travel to AgFirst Farm Credit Bank and other locations for training. Some overnight travel is expected.
- This position is located in our Fremont Branch office.
- Office hours are 8:00am - 4:30pm, Mon - Fri. (half hour lunch)
- General office environment.
- Reliable transportation is required.
- Travel to/from other branch offices, associations, AgFirst or other facilities as deemed necessary.
- Must be capable of overnight stays as necessary for training.
Applications accepted through August 9, 2020.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.