Summary & Objective:
Performing, in a timely and professional manner, essential duties to assist Account Officers and Branch Manager with loan origination, loan accounting, servicing and administration duties.
- Responsible for all loan accounting functions including but not limited to booking loans to the loan system, maintaining member and loan data on the loan and member systems, receipt and disbursement processing, calculating loan payoffs, reviewing reports, processing daily transactions and working with lending team members to ensure the accuracy of member data.
- Primarily responsible for the branch’s member and loan data integrity.
- Performs post-closing loan verification, the loan checklist/control sheet process and all other post-closing loan accounting and servicing functions.
- Coordinates the branch’s loan scanning process and performs scanning if the branch doesn’t have another person dedicated to scanning.
- Primarily responsible for the branch’s cash management, GL accounting, accounts payable processing, and accounting related functions.
- Reviews and monitors loan system data, loan system reports, processes needed changes to member data, completes periodic reporting requirements and complies with other special information requests.
- Provides general clerical and administrative support to branch team members including answering phones and greeting members
- Coordinates the branch’s crop insurance program and related member marketing.
- Coordinate the Association’s loss payables process for existing loans.
- Efficiently handles the position responsibilities to enhance the financial performance of the branch and the Association.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail in documents.
- Ability to work independently at a rapid pace with frequent interruptions, work effectively with a diverse group of people with a minimum of direction.
- Working knowledge of general business machines, i.e. PC, Calculator, copier, fax, etc.
- Working experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Professional telephone etiquette.
Two-year degree in Business or Ag Business OR high school graduate with three years of accounting related work experience.
- Working knowledge of, and experience with, general accounting functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Use of discretionary judgment in making decisions and problem solving.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formats to recognize and correct correspondence and reports.
- Knowledge in the area of agriculture is beneficial.
- Working knowledge of, and experience with, loan documents and legal documents.
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m, Mon - Fri. (half hour lunch)
General office environment.
Reliable transportation is required.
Travel to/from other branch offices, associations, AgFirst or other facilities as deemed necessary.
Must be capable of overnight stays as necessary for training.
Applications accepted through March 7, 2021.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.