Field Research Agronomist
Along with the AgLaunch digital and farm teams, the Field Research Agronomist will be working directly with farmers and partners to ensure they are prepared to participate in the changing farming landscape.
What the Field Research Agronomist Will Do:
- Work with all kinds of farmers and innovators to accomplish field trial goals
- Acquire soil samples within the network and understand soil analysis
- Maintain monitoring of weed control, diseases, and agronomic notes for AgLaunch’s Digital Acre
- Precision in documenting data results and report results to Field Trial Manager
- Assist in establishing protocols, execution of field trials, and field days
- Maintain a strong famer rapport, as well as keeping communication open between startup/entrepreneurial companies and the famer.
- On-farm meetings with farmers to visit trial sites and communicate back to Field Trial Manager
- Promote AgLaunch as the leader in Ag-tech accelerators
- Support, where possible, all teams within the AgLaunch organization
- Attend field days and university meetings to stay abreast of new technologies
What the Field Research Agronomist Will Bring:
- Ability to diagnose field crop plant and soil causals of injury and/or nutrient deficiencies
- Experience in field work whether it is on farm or research plot work
- Knowledge of field implements that perform specific task
- Soil analysis and nutrient needs
- Degree in Agronomy, Plant or Soil Science or related fields from an accredited university
- Knowledge of on-farm operations a plus
- Is a motivated, self-starter, and sets goals to accomplish.
- Ability to work and travel alone, as well as work and interact in team efforts.
Willing and able to take the CCA exam (AgLaunch will cover associated costs)
Knowledge of and exhibits:
- Computer software platforms
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Team player
- Takes initiative
- Assertive learner
- Problem solver
- Independent worker
Please note that this is a field-based role that involves working independently and travelling to farms within the AgLaunch Farmer network and field days that may require prolonged standing and walking in fields.
A valid driver license is required.
Remote, at-home work option with an AgLaunch and farm offices available for meetings and training.
May be required to occasionally lift up to 50 LBS.
Position is based in Memphis, TN
- Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000
• Competitive salary and benefits, including mental health support
• Flexible working hours
• Generous holiday and vacation leave
• Benefits, including health insurance, retirement contributions, and disability insurance
Send cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com with “Field Research Agronomist” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: Until filled.
and minorities, and persons with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.