Territory Sales Manager
Additionally, the Territory Sales Manager will establish and maintain relationships from executive offices down through the farm level management of the largest dairies within the Territory. This includes developing, negotiating, managing and growing long-term relationships and sales opportunities for Allflex Livestock Intelligence Monitoring products and services across the entire business enterprise. These responsibilities may be carried out in close partnership with the Allflex Partners and / or Allflex team members. This position requires a broad knowledge of the dairy industry, strong sales skills and understanding of the account management process.
• In cooperation with Sales Manager, develop and execute key strategies and tactics required to accelerate sales within assigned accounts utilizing all available resources
• Manage new and existing Allflex Livestock Intelligence Monitoring product portfolio and provide on-site sales support and coordinate onsite technical support with the assigned strategic account organization
• Successfully implement Key Account Management (KAM) principals to include the creation and maintenance of account plans that identify threats and opportunities
• Coordinate all activities in support of account growth. This includes communicating in detail and frequently with NA Sales Manager, Technical Support and Advanced Monitoring teams regarding needs and activities planned to meet the needs of account both as a whole as well as at individual account locations
• Gather and clearly communicate market intelligence on a regular basis to Sales and Marketing Leadership
• Develop and maintain strong executive / owner relationships within assigned accounts by presenting Allflex Livestock Intelligence Monitoring products information and business solutions to account executive and mid-level leadership to support their business needs. Develop an in-depth understanding of the needs of the strategic account and communicate that information to Allflex Livestock Intelligence Sales and Marketing Leadership
• Develop proposals, negotiate terms and conditions and implement contractual agreements with accountability for delivering strong financial results for Allflex Livestock Intelligence
• This position is an individual contributor role. It is critical that the Territory Sales Manager demonstrates
the leadership ability to foster collaborative relationships and build a partnership with other internal stakeholders with shared responsibility with Partner organizations.
Education Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree (Dairy / Agricultural related discipline preferred)
Required Experience & Skills
• Must have a minimum of 5 years of combined work experience in Sales, Sales Management or Marketing roles in the agricultural field
• Current knowledge of the US dairy industry
• Strong selling and negotiations skills
• Current knowledge and demonstrated ability to work with dealers and distributors
• Demonstrated ability to build business relationships both internally and externally
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement accurate account plans
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a matrix organization and effectively pull through business
• Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
• Strong understanding of financial and business metrics
• Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and maintain strategic accounts
• History of sound decision making and innovative thinking
• Ability to balance the needs of Allflex Livestock Intelligence with customer needs
• Ability to work as part of a fast paced, growing team in a developing industry
• Must be results oriented and able to work independently with little direct supervision
• Superior organizational, analytical and time management skills
• Must be able to travel overnight as necessary to meet Territory goals
Preferred Experience & Skills
• Experience in the dairy industry and ideally technology space
• Experience in dairy production or demonstrated aptitude to quickly learn the industry • Fluency in Spanish is preferred but not required
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request
To Apply Now, please send your resume to AntelliqJobs@Merck.com with the Acquisition ID included in the Subject.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit: