Operations Manager, Allflex Livestock Intelligence
Department: Corporate Administration
Position Location: Dallas/Fort Worth Airport, Texas, United States of America
Requisition ID: AQ001039
Allflex Livestock Intelligence, part of Merck Animal Health, is the world leader in the design, development, manufacturing and delivery of solutions for animal identification, monitoring and traceability. Our data-driven solutions are used by farmers, companies and countries to manage hundreds of millions of animals worldwide. By putting intelligent, actionable management information into farmers’ hands, our solutions empower them to act in a timely manner to safeguard their animals’ health and wellbeing, while achieving optimal production outcomes for a healthy food supply.
As the largest provider of animal identification technology, we meet growing customer needs by providing over 500 million tags for identifying, tracking and monitoring animals every year and we monitor over 5.5 million cows daily, which allows access to real-time, actionable data and insights to help improve or enhance animal management and health outcomes.
With over 60 years of experience and around 1,900 team members worldwide, we have a global network of experts, each with a great depth of experience and unparalleled knowledge, who provide a valuable resource to farmers, companies and countries. Allflex Livestock Intelligence has manufacturing and technology subsidiaries in North America, Europe, Israel, South America, China, Australia and New Zealand. Our products are distributed in over 100 countries.
Through its commitment to the Science of Healthier Animals®, Merck Animal Health offers veterinarians, farmers, pet owners and governments one of the widest ranges of veterinary pharmaceuticals, vaccines and health management solutions and services as well as an extensive suite of digitally connected identification, traceability and monitoring products. Merck Animal Health is dedicated to preserving and improving the health, well-being and performance of animals and the people who care for them.
For more information visit https://www.allflex.global/us/.
The Operations Manager is responsible for Allflex North America’s rapidly expanding printing facilities in both Dallas Texas and Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec. These facilities produce market leading animal identification products for both agricultural and consumer markets and are dedicated to continuous improvement of efficiencies and processes to ensure Allflex North America is the gold standard of quality in the industry.
The position is focused on leading an effective management team overseeing productivity, inventory, quality control and safety as well as a strategic focus on opportunities to maximize all operational systems. The role has a strong tie to the commercial division ensuring that the end customer has a seamless experience. The Operations Manager requires proven success in the areas of budgeting, information flow, business processes, and reporting. All supervisory responsibilities must be carried out in accordance with company's policies and applicable laws.
- Administrate, direct and coordinate the Operations Department.
- Responsible for the forecasting, implementation and goal achievement of the annual budgeting process.
- Provide critical oversight of productivity, quality control, inventory and safety measures with improvement in automation and system upgrades.
- Direct contact and working relationships with the leadership team to maintain a productive workflow and expand operational systems.
- Develop a strong employee team with clear management objectives, performance plans, appraisals and continuous improvement.
- Contribute to organizational strategic plans developing long-range initiatives and identifying trends, setting benchmarks and action plans with clear outcomes.
- Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and close examination of product suggestions.
- Manage the company’s compliance of policies and applicable laws.
- Excellent professional judgement and organizational skills with flexibility to move from one priority to another.
- Problem solver with ability to address top level concerns and determine a path forward.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with management and staff.
- Implement financial and budgeting processes with ability to develop areas for improvement.
- Meet or exceed operations labor budget expectations with the review of key operational invoices when necessary.
- Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements, equipment layout and implement changes
with focus on operations appraisals and system upgrades.
- Continuous review of processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management and shipping
- Work closely with the management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation
- Recruit, select, hire, assign, schedule, train, coach, counsel and discipline employees and supervisory staff.
- Responsible for all department managers and supervisors, with review/approval responsibility for all operations employees.
- Review of policies and procedures to keep current and in compliance with company rules and other legal entities.
Education Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in business, operations management or related field.
Required Experience & Skills
- Prior experience, minimum of 6 years’ experience.
- Certifications and/or management training programs.
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Experience development of improved production systems using automation
- Experience in operations management.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred but not required.
Job: Operations Manager
Travel: Yes; 20%
Shift: Not Applicable
To Apply Now, please send your resume to AntelliqJobs@Merck.com with the Requisition ID included in the Subject
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit: EEOC Poster EEOC GINA Supplement OFCCP EEO Supplement
To Apply Now, please send your resume to AntelliqJobs@Merck.com with the Acquisition ID included in the Subject.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, N.J., USA is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit: