Warehouse Supervisor, Allflex Livestock Intelligence
for leading the day-to-day warehouse inventory
and the receiving operations to support the site’s
operational requirements and initiatives.
Allflex Livestock Intelligence, part of Merck Animal Health, is the world leader in the design, development, manufacturing and delivery of solutions for animal identification, monitoring and traceability. Our data-driven solutions are used by farmers, companies and countries to manage hundreds of millions of animals worldwide. By putting intelligent, actionable management information into farmers’ hands, our solutions empower them to act in a timely manner to safeguard their animals’ health and wellbeing, while achieving optimal production outcomes for a healthy food supply.
As the largest provider of animal identification technology, we meet growing customer needs by providing over 500 million tags for identifying, tracking and monitoring animals every year and we monitor over 5.5 million cows daily, which allows access to real-time, actionable data and insights to help improve or enhance animal management and health outcomes.
With over 60 years of experience and around 1,900 team members worldwide, we have a global network of experts, each with a great depth of experience and unparalleled knowledge, who provide a valuable resource to farmers, companies and countries. Allflex Livestock Intelligence has manufacturing and technology subsidiaries in North America, Europe, Israel, South America, China, Australia and New Zealand. Our products are distributed in over 100 countries.
Through its commitment to the Science of Healthier Animals®, Merck Animal Health offers veterinarians, farmers, pet owners and governments one of the widest ranges of veterinary pharmaceuticals, vaccines and health management solutions and services as well as an extensive suite of digitally connected identification, traceability and monitoring products. Merck Animal Health is dedicated to preserving and improving the health, well-being and performance of animals and the people who care for them.
For more information visit https://www.allflex.global/us/
The Warehouse Supervisor is primarily responsible for leading the day-to-day warehouse inventory and the receiving operations to support the site’s operational requirements and initiatives. The Warehouse Supervisor oversees the operation of the packing, bagging and receiving done by warehouse employees. This position coordinates with other department managers. This position also oversees and supervises all processes and activities related to receiving and stocking of product. The position of Warehouse Supervisor reports directly to the Operations Manager.
- Ability to provide accurate reporting of products received, stored and necessary inventory transactions.
- Ensure compliance with approved operating policies, procedures and schedules.
- Reviewing employee performance and making recommendations regarding employment. This includes reviewing the performance ratings with the Operations Manager.
- Resolving problems and complaints in relationships among personnel and associates with the assistance of HR and the Operations Manager
- Train associates to properly, efficiently and safely perform their jobs.
- Must know and understand OSHA requirements and make certain there is 100% compliance.
- Effectively communicate efficient and consistent operations to ensure a smooth process.
- Conduct meetings with warehouse personnel to discuss issues, as required.
- Analyze operating process to access operating capabilities.
- Liaise with the manager to coordinate replacement or repair of equipment and materials.
- Ensure adequate supplies are available for operating needs.
- Properly maintain and control inventory. This includes storing, placing and pulling inventory items by using internal personal as required
- Responsible for physical inventories and monthly cycle counts as well as periodic requested cycle counts.
- Oversees the operation of the packing department and the supervision of packaging employees, including hiring, firing, evaluations, etc.
- Excel Expert and proficient in MS Office
- Experience with P.C. computer, word processing, spreadsheet and/or database applications.
- Ability to communicate verbally and orally with necessary staff.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Excellent organizational and supervisor skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Understands that their time is spent on the warehouse floor working, observing and resolving issues.
- Dresses and acts professionally in all situations
Education Minimum Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
Required Experience & Skills
- 2 years’ experience in warehouse practices, relating to criteria in job description.
- Experience using an ERP system is preferred.
- Forklift driver.
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
To Apply Now, please send your resume to AntelliqJobs@Merck.com with the Acquisition ID included in the Subject.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, N.J., USA is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit: