YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with project team members to deliver detailed experimental protocols that enable advancement decisions by our scientists and placement decisions to our customers;
- Work on operation of research equipment, note taking, data management with internal IT systems, comply with regulated seed stewardship standards;
- Complete and/or participate in safety inspections/training and comply with all policies and standard operating procedures;
- Travel up to 15% of the time particularly during peak seasons;
- Be able to work extended hours during peak seasons (including nontraditional day-time hours with the potential of overnight travel).
- Position entails driving a company vehicle (pooled or assigned to the individual). This may include being required to drive greater than 5,000 business miles annually in a personal, pooled, or rented vehicle OR being expected to frequently drive a pooled car as part of your job duties – regardless of mileage;
- Position requires driving for the company that will (may) fall under DOT/FMCSA jurisdiction. This may entail the hauling of trailers, product, supplies or equipment in a safe manner.
- Non Degreed with at least 10 years of relevant experience OR Bachelor’s Degree with at least two years of relevant experience OR Master’s Degree with at least one year of relevant experience;
- Experience with both standard MS Office computer and software systems used in scientific data analysis, with ability to quickly learn new software programs and tools;
- Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team-based environment;
- Knowledge and experience with agricultural equipment and/or crop production practices and history of leveraging that knowledge in a research environment;
- Valid driver s license; Driving record (MVR) will be reviewed and must meet guidelines based on the company’s Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers;
- DOT medical card or the ability to obtain one through successfully completing and passing a DOT physical. In addition, candidate must be able to meet all applicable DOT/FMCSA criteria. Drivers with previous DOT driving experience may be required to undergo FMCSA safety checks and applicable review;
- Federal regulations from the Department of Transportation cover this position and mandate the passing of certain pre-employment requirements, such as a background check, drug test and physical;
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.;
- Ability to obtain pesticide applicator license;
- Ability to work extended hours during peak operational seasons.
- Bachelor of Science in agronomy, life sciences, engineering, computer science, or related field;
- Capable maintaining large data sets;
- Experience with seed technology industry or plant breeding;
- Experience with precision agriculture hardware and software;
- History of implementation of continuous improvements and new innovations through the work on project teams;
- CDL license or ability to obtain;
- Ability to obtain UAV license for operating drones.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
For full job description and to apply, please visit here.