Vector Product Platform Intern
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, plan and execute research experiments in the area of Molecular Biology in collaboration with and under the supervision of scientists and senior laboratory staff;
- Document research plan, methods, results and data analysis;
- Interpret critically experiment results, prepare and communicate reports and summaries in written and/or verbal form to supervisor and other stakeholders;
- Follow established operational standards including best practices, safety protocols and compliance policies;
- Prioritize and coordinate work within a larger team and across functional groups;
- Perform thoughtful execution of experiments subscribing to the highest technical and quality standards;
- Interact with technical experts from Trait Delivery, Trait Design and Sciences and Precision Genomics programs in Plant Biotechnology;
- Have the opportunity to contribute innovation to the team and company;
- Provide regular updates to the team on project(s) progress and present final findings/recommendations at the completion of the internship.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s degree or Ph.D. degree program in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology or related STEM field;
- Strong molecular biology acumen with hands on laboratory experience;
- Ability to design, plan and execute experiments, analyze data and interpret results;
- Detail oriented and able to work independently and collaboratively;
- Creative, self-motivated and result oriented.
- Experience with cloning, PCR, sequencing, sequence data analysis.
For full job description and to apply, please visit here.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.