Assistant Professor and and one tenured
(associate or full professor)
of Climate Equity and Environmental Justice.
The University of California, Berkeley seeks applicants for four tenure track (assistant professor) positions and one tenured (associate or full professor) position in the area of “Climate Equity and Environmental Justice,” with an expected start date of July 1, 2021. Successful candidates will be invited to join one or more of the following units: Rausser College of Natural Resources (Department of Environmental Science, Policy and Management and Energy and Resources Group); College of Letters and Sciences (Sociology); College of Environmental Design (Departments of City and Regional Planning and Landscape Architecture and Planning); and College of Engineering (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering).
Human-induced climate change is transforming our physical and social world, and we are witnessing a ‘climate gap,’ in which the impacts of these changes disproportionately affect vulnerable and marginalized groups due to historically entrenched inequities and more recent shifts in the global economy. Accordingly, this faculty cluster hiring initiative focuses on three broad themes: Social Equity and Environmental Sustainability; Adaptation Infrastructure, Planning and Design for Climate Justice; and Climate Refugees and Forced Migration.
Applicants at the Assistant Professor level must have a J.D., Ph.D. (or equivalent international degree), or be enrolled in J.D., Ph.D, or equivalent international degree-granting program at the time of application.
- Applicants at the Associate Professor level must have a J.D., Ph.D. (or equivalent international degree) at the time of application.
- Successful applicants are expected to develop a nationally recognized program and collaborate across disciplines to develop research initiatives in the realm of climate equity and environmental justice.
- We seek rising leaders from diverse fields including, but not limited to, the social, physical, natural, biological and environmental health sciences, civil and environmental engineering, city and regional planning, and landscape architecture.
- Candidates should demonstrate evidence of strong research productivity, potential for securing extramural funding, and a commitment to excellence in teaching and mentoring of undergraduates, graduate students, and post-docs.
- We are particularly interested in scholars with a commitment and track record of promoting diversity, equity and inclusion in the realms of research, teaching and/or service.
At Berkeley, we recognize the intrinsic relationship between diversity and excellence in all our endeavors and embrace open and equitable access to opportunities for learning and development as our obligation and goal. See here for helpful guidelines.
The deadline to apply is September 21, 2020
For more information about the position, including required qualifications and application materials, please visit here.
For questions, please contact the search administrator at email@example.com
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see here.