Department: Sales Department
Position Location: Boise, Idaho
Requisition ID: AQ001047
Biomark is a worldwide supplier of electronic identification and related monitoring systems to the fish and wildlife conservation communities and aquaculture industry. Biomark is an Aquaculture portfolio of digital products within Merck Animal Health.
Biomark specializes in low frequency RFID (radio-frequency identification) tags also referred to as Passive Integrated Transponder (PIT) tags and related monitoring equipment and services. They integrate these products by focusing on in-house design and manufacturing and providing installation services and maintenance. The monitoring systems collect identification data at specific and strategic locations to provide researchers valuable animal intelligence for management decisions. Biomark also provides specialized services including fish tagging, statistical analysis, software development, study execution, report writing and computational model development to support statistically robust solutions.
Founded in 1990, Biomark continues their specific focus on animal identification and monitoring that enables them to lead the way in product development, innovation and data solutions, positively impacting conservation, restoration and smart management.
Through its commitment to the Science of Healthier Animals®, Merck Animal Health offers veterinarians, farmers, pet owners and governments one of the widest ranges of veterinary pharmaceuticals, vaccines and health management solutions and services as well as an extensive suite of digitally connected identification, traceability and monitoring products. Merck Animal Health is dedicated to preserving and improving the health, well-being and performance of animals and the people who care for them.
For more information, visit www.biomark.com
- Biomark is looking for an outgoing, creative, and dedicated Marketing Assistant to join our Sales and Marketing team. The Marketing Assistant will report directly to the Marketing Manager and will be responsible for taking on a variety of tasks that allow for the successful completion of marketing projects and programs. In this role you will assist in the development of marketing collateral, schedule and monitor social media posts, support sales with necessary materials for tradeshows and other events, support minor edits to promotional materials and the website, schedule blog posts and customer stories online, and other duties as assigned.
- Responsibilities include:
- Work with Marketing Manager to develop social media content and schedule it on Sprout Social and Bambu.
- Monitor social media channels for comments, questions.
- Assist in monitoring collateral to ensure print copies are available and manage resources page on website to ensure digital copies of all print materials are also available online.
- Support sales team with planning, shipping, and prizes for tradeshows, workshops and presentations.
- Manage inventory counts of marketing swag.
- Make edits to promotional materials using Adobe Creative Cloud software.
- Make edits to website pages using WordPress and Magento.
- Support in standardization of documents to new templates and other materials as needed.
- Assist Marketing Manager with various marketing projects.
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent at organization and time management
Education Minimum Requirements
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising or related field preferred
Required Experience & Skills
- 2+ years’ experience working in marketing or advertising
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite products, primarily Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience managing social media content on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Working knowledge of apps similar to Hootesuite.
- Experience or working knowledge of Word Press and Constant Contact.
To Apply Now, please send your resume to AntelliqJobs@Merck.com with the Acquisition ID included in the Subject.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, N.J., USA is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Shift (if applicable): 8am-5pm