The 2020 Education and High School Fellowship Program is scheduled to start June 15 and end on June 19, 2020. Participants spend the duration of their fellowship in Washington, DC.
• Education and High School Fellowships are for faculty and staff at an eligible 1890 Land-Grant Universities and High School Superintendents, Principals, Agricultural and/or District Level Teachers working for 1890 Land-Grant Universities feeder schools. High School Applicants will need to demonstrate their institutions status as an 1890 Land-Grant University feeder high school.
• For a full list of eligible 1890 Land-Grant Universities, please visit: https://nifa.usda.gov/resource/1890-land-grant-colleges-and-universities-map.
• Science Fellowships are for science and research faculty at eligible 1890 Land-Grant Universities. Applicants should identify any specific areas of science and research of interest in their application.
• For a full list of eligible 1890 Land-Grant Universities, please visit: https://nifa.usda.gov/resource/1890-land-grant-colleges-and-universities-map
Your application package consists of the following items, which should be submitted as email attachments, and all of which much be received by the application deadline of February 12, 2020, for your application to be considered complete:
1. Completed Application Form (PDF)
a. Hand written applications will not be accepted, please complete electronically.
a. For the Education/High School Fellowship: A 500-800-word statement describing:
i. Your interest in partnering with USDA and how you envision the fellowship will impact you, your institution’s program;
ii. Any relevant work history with your institution and/or its surrounding community; and,
An Equal Opportunity Provider, Employer, and Lender
iii. Describe how you plan to share information acquired during your fellowship with colleagues, students, and other interested individuals.(Word or PDF format)
iv. (Demonstration of your institution's status as an eligible 1890's Land-Grant University feeder school (For High School Fellowship Applicants Only)
b. For the Science Fellowship: A 800-1000-word statement describing:
i. Your interest in partnering with USDA;
ii. The specific research topic/interests you wish to pursue in partnership with USDA;
iii. How you envisionthe fellowship will impact you, your institution’s programs, and your work with your institution and its community.; and
iv. Describe how you plan to share information acquired during your fellowship with colleagues, students, and other interested individuals.
(Word or PDF format)
• Applicants are encouraged to visit the following links to identify several USDA scientists and/or research locations that conduct work targeting your research interests. As you identify potential locations, be sure to include those proposed research locations as part of your essay.
• All documents should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Here’s the link: https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/2020-booker-t-washington-fellows-application.pdf
If you have any questions, please contact Michael Dukes, at 202-720-6350 or Michael.Dukes@usda.gov.