Project Coordinator II
This position will prioritize, develop and implement habitat restoration projects to improve salmonid species and water quality.
Cascadia Conservation District is seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual to join the District as a Project Coordinator II. This full-time position will lead the District's habitat restoration work in Chelan county. This position will prioritize, develop and implement habitat restoration projects to improve salmonid species and water quality. They will serve as the point of contact for landowners interested in implementing habitat restoration projects on their property. The Project Coordinator II will also serve on a variety of water resource and salmon recovery committees, and develop, write and manage grant opportunities for habitat restoration. This position will have the opportunity to lead and grow the habitat restoration program at Cascadia CD.
Nature and Purpose of Position:
The purpose of this position is to provide day-to-day project coordination and oversight necessary for implementation of watershed restoration/enhancement efforts on private lands. All projects involve natural resource related issues and have been identified as priority actions in the District’s Long Range, Annual and/or specific project plans.
This position will be under the direction and guidance of the Executive Director and will carry out the directives of the Cascadia Conservation District Board of Supervisors.
- Provide assistance to the Executive Director and/or Resource Specialists II and partner agencies or groups as requested to fulfill the District’s Annual and Long Range Plans.
- Represent and promote the District’s mission and policies in all work related activities and demonstrate objectivity on controversial topics.
- Supervise implementation of selected projects, including coordinating and maintaining work plan schedules.
- Serve as day to day supervisor to designated staff as assigned, directing staff assignments as it relates to project implementation.
- Establish and maintain effective communication among all project partners, including grant and resource agency staff and local landowners.
- Conduct project development, including identifying and contacting landowners to explore project opportunities and arranging on-site visits.
- Develop and secure landowner agreements and other contracts required to implement restoration/enhancement and monitoring activities.
- Develop individual project budgets and timelines, and perform project element tracking and grant management.
- Assist with preparing and/or obtaining environmental permits required for implementation.
- Coordinate contractors and/or labor resources including development of bid packets and contractor solicitations, and assist with construction oversight during project implementation as requested.
- Provide technical/field assistance as needed for project implementation and monitoring efforts.
- Maintain effective records for projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree involving a major study in environmental or physical science, one of the natural sciences or other closely related field and two years of professional level experience. An Associate’s Degree in environmental or physical science or technology or other closely related field may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree if the applicant has three years or more of
- Very strong organizational and written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel are essential). Basic competency with GIS software is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated ability in handling multiple projects and the capability of working with diverse individuals and small groups.
- Must be able to work in remote and rugged locations under a variety of weather conditions, traverse difficult upland and instream terrain, and carry field equipment necessary to complete required job tasks.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Link to full announcement: https://cascadiacd.org/images/site_graphics/Project-Coordinator-II-Announcement.pdf
Link to job description: https://cascadiacd.org/images/site_graphics/Project-Coordinator-2-Job-Description.pdf