Cornell AgriTech in Geneva, NY offers a Summer Research Scholars Program for undergraduate students to carry out their own independent research projects in Entomology, Horticulture/Plant Breeding and Plant Pathology. Student interns work with faculty, their graduate students and postdocs on research projects focused on specialty crops that can be laboratory and/or field-based.
•Nine-week internships to conduct research in a faculty program at Cornell’s Geneva campus
• Gain research experience and learn about the research and extension conducted at Cornell
• Discussions on careers in science and other professional development topics will be offered
• Group activities including field trips to local farms will be offered where possible
• Benefits/support included: $4,825 stipend and housing
• Program starts on June 1, 2022 (May 31 travel) and runs through July 29, 2022 (July 30 travel)
Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident at least 18 years of age by June 1, 2022
Must be enrolled as an undergraduate, with preferably three years of college level study in the life or agricultural sciences or other relevant discipline (e.g. engineering or computer science) by June2022.
Applications due February 4, 2022