The Senior Manager is responsible for managing day-to-day communications activities, along with developing, refining, and implementing strategic communications plans.
The Corn Refiners Association (CRA) represents the corn wet-milling industry in the United States. Wet milling allows corn to be turned into sweeteners, bioproducts, pharmaceutical ingredients, corn oil, and more. CRA also administers the Plant Based Products Council (PBPC), an organization launched by CRA in 2019 that represents companies manufacturing or using products, packaging, and ingredients made from renewable, plant-based materials. The Senior Manager of Communications will support both CRA and PBPC.
The Senior Manager is responsible for managing day-to-day communications activities, along with developing, refining, and implementing strategic communications plans. The Senior Manager oversees the communications budget and ensures vendors deliver high-quality communications products and services. The Senior Manager must be adaptable to changing advocacy conditions and member inquiries or requests. The Senior Manager must be able to support communications of technical issues to a broad range of audiences. The ability to manage multiple projects while staying on strategy, on deadline, and on budget is a must in this role. The person in this role will work closely with VP of External Affairs, VP of Advanced Bioproducts and other members of senior leadership.
Our organizations place a heavy emphasis on culture. Our work environment is fast-paced, dynamic, and highly collaborative. We strive to be transparent, inclusive, and professional in all that we do. We believe that we are a team of leaders and that we “share the problem” to collaborate and achieve success.
This position has been responsible for many past successes for our organizations. Recent accomplishments include:
- Rebranded CRA: recognized for being an award-winning effort.
- Been recognized by White House and other senior Administration officials for work on trade communications including the USMCA.
- Driven successful grassroots campaigns of critical policy issues.
- Launched numerous new campaigns and websites in support of our efforts.
- Grown and deepened our media contacts.
- Built sustainable and recognized social media platforms that are used by key congressional staff and influencers.
- Manage communications budgets for both CRA and PBPC
- Select, manage, and evaluate communications vendors
- Develop communications metrics for success
- Serve as staff lead for CRA and PBPC member communications committees, including regular committee meetings
- Collaborate on communications activities that support CRA and PBPC advocacy efforts
- Support efforts of PBPC’s Policy Committee
- Provide communications support and counsel for coalitions that CRA and/or PBPC lead
- Monitor media and create summaries
- Write and distribute press releases, newsletters, and updates
- Manage website content and posting for multiple websites
- Create and manage social media campaigns and daily update
- Assist with member communications as needed
- Organize communications skills training for staff as needed
- Hire, manage, and mentor communications interns
- Manage PBPC annual consumer research program
- Lead development of messaging and communications materials to support PBPC education, policy, and member recruitment objectives
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Strong project management capabilities
- Extremely organized with impeccable attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- At least four years of communications and/or public relations experience required
- A highly motivated self-starter and team leader
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years of previous communications experience
- Previous Hill and/or trade association experience
- Salary $75,000-$81,000
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Flexible spending
- 401 k & Profit-Sharing Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Commuter Benefits
- Professional Development opportunities
This is a full-time employment position. The position is temporarily completely remote due to COVID-19.
Applicants should anticipate a return to working in our Washington, DC office when it is safe.
Applicants should submit resumes to email@example.com with “Senior Manager, Communications” in the
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.