Chief Operating Officer
Chief Operating Officer
Based in the Arlington, Virginia office of the U.S. Dairy Export Council, the COO is a key member of the senior management team and executive office, reporting only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The COO is an experienced and efficient leader who manages and directs diverse business operations and supervises staff.
Based in the Arlington, Virginia office of the U.S. Dairy Export Council, the COO is a key member of the senior management team and executive office, reporting only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The COO is an experienced and efficient leader who manages and directs diverse business operations and supervises staff. The COO demonstrates excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethic. The COO will work to secure the functionality of operations and drive extensive and sustainable growth.
- Manage and strategize existing and future key initiatives to drive the global awareness and sales of U.S. Dairy
- Oversight and management of international USDEC offices and partners
- Design and implement business strategies, plans, and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives
- Lead employees to encourage performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to the CEO
- Assist CEO in a variety of ventures
- Speak/present at public engagements and on behalf of the CEO
- Participate in expansion activities
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Measure results and prioritize programs
- Identify and assess knowledge gaps in the organization and make necessary recommendations
- Gather, interpret and disseminate primary and secondary intelligence on market conditions, competitor strategy and the changing commercial, political and economic environment in the global cheese market to guide decision- making on USDEC and the U.S. dairy industry’s strategies
- Ability to travel up to 30- 50% of time both domestically and globally (e.g. North Asia, Middle East/ North Africa and South America)
Perform all job responsibilities in a manner consistent with the USDEC Way:
- Works as a team member, recognizing that USDEC wins and loses together.
- Respects and values colleagues. This includes considering roles, responsibilities, work styles, perspectives, and experience.
- Trusts others as professionals working towards the same objectives & goals.
- Communicates respectfully, inclusively, clearly, and in a timely manner.
- Acknowledges, celebrates, and rewards good work and contributions.
- Supports and creates opportunities for individual learning, growth, and mentorship
- Fosters an environment of trust where people can share new ideas, innovates, takes risks, and learns from failure
- Creates a safe environment that will empower the voicing of concerns and viewpoints
Education & Experience
- University degree – BS/BA
- MBA preferred
- International and commercial experience strongly required
- Proven experience as COO or similar role for 7-10+ years
- Understanding of business functions such as data, finance, marketing etc.
- Competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in fundraising is a plus
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Critical thinker with the ability to set strategic direction
- Comfortable in multicultural/multilingual settings
- Engages members/board/advisory group on key strategic decisions
- Ability to engage, influence, and execute across offices worldwide
- Ability to motivate existing teams to new and different thinking
- Proven commercial skills and acumen
- Knowledge of global industry technical and economic drivers
- Proven leadership abilities to generate results
- Experience working with partners and stakeholders across functions and regions
- Ability to lead and direct intercultural teams
- Demonstrates an open and empowering people management style with mentoring/coaching skills to engage direct reports, indirect reports, and peers
- Excellent collaborative, interpersonal and communication skills, adaptable to a wide range of audiences
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Team builder
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
Competitive medical, dental, and life insurance benefits as well as ample paid time away (vacation, personal, sick, and company holidays). Generous 401(k), and collaborative culture.
For full job description and to apply, please visit here.
We regret it is not possible to communicate with candidates except those who most closely match our current business needs. Thank you.
U.S. Dairy Export Council is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.