Cropland Project Manager
ESMC seeks a Cropland Project Manager to lead projects and field demonstrations on cropland systems across the country in a manner that integrates related workstreams of ESMC and ESMRC.
The Ecosystem Services Market Consortium LLC (ESMC) is a member-driven consortium working with partners and collaborators across the agricultural supply chain and value chain to build, test and launch a technologically advanced ecosystem services market conceived and designed for the agricultural sector. ESMCs market program will reward and incentivize producers for beneficial impacts of sustainable agricultural systems that are demanded by consumers, society, and the agricultural supply
chain. ESMC’s research arm, the Ecosystem Services Market Research Consortium (ESMRC), is investing in critical R&D for a cost-effective, scalable, harmonized market to scale the beneficial impacts of sustainable systems adoption on working agricultural lands. The ESMC market meets corporate and societal needs by quantifying, monitoring, verifying, and certifying environmental outcomes in a transparent, credible science-based program.
ESMC Cropland Project Manager
ESMC seeks a Cropland Project Manager to lead projects and field demonstrations on cropland systems across the country in a manner that integrates related workstreams of ESMC and ESMRC. The role requires a proactive approach, complex decision making in a rapidly evolving arena, and close coordination with ESMC’s Program Management team, including the Rangeland and Producer Circle Project Manager, the Certification Project Manager and ESMRC’s Research Coordinator. The Cropland
Project Manager will primarily lead cropland project and field demonstration planning, implementation, oversight and evaluation in coordination with ESMC members, partners and team as the market program continues to be refined and expanded. The role requires coordination with protocol adaptation and refinement activities; and with activities to certify ESMC protocols, credits, and programs.
The Project Manager will report directly to the ESMC Program Director as part of a small, dynamic team in an exciting and rewarding field of work as we launch an innovative, national scale ecosystem services market program for the agricultural sector.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Contractor will function as Cropland Project Manager to deliver the following:
ESMC Cropland Management System Pilot Projects and Field Demonstrations:
- Serve as ESMC Team lead to oversee planning, coordination, implementation, oversight and evaluation of cropland management system pilot projects to further develop, test and refine ESMC protocols and program and all relevant aspects of projects requiring demonstration, field testing and refinement.
- Responsibilities will include working collaboratively with ESMC staff, consultants, members and partners to facilitate selection, planning, development, launching, coordination and oversight of pilot projects in a consistent and documented manner. The Project Manager will ensure all salient activities are monitored and evaluated and that appropriate feedback loops are created to document and share challenges, successes and outcomes in a way that leads to refinements and improvements to the ESMC protocols, processes and programs.
- Responsibilities also include development, use, and refinement of program materials to support projects as necessary. This will include utilizing training manuals and related program materials to execute the program and to improve them based on user feedback and experiences.
• Work with the ESMC and ESMRC team to aid in accomplishing goals and objectives of grants, including the 3-year award from the Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research (FFAR). This may include variable assignments as necessary to assist with core project duties and responsibilities and ensure tracking and reporting of all ESMC and ESMRC project deliverables
and technical reports.
• Support and contribute relevant content to publications and reports of appropriate results and outcomes pursuant to specific areas of responsibility.
- Assume additional roles and responsibilities as necessary to achieve the success of ESMC and ESMRC.
Master's Degree in agriculture, natural sciences, conservation, sustainability, or related field and 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding of the agriculture industry, agricultural conservation and sustainability efforts
- Knowledge and experience working in ecosystem services markets and/or corporate sustainability programs, particularly carbon offset and/or corporate agricultural supply chain sustainability programs, and familiarity with quantification, verification and certification of outcomes within these markets and programs
- Exemplary project management experience, particularly leading, developing and implementing agricultural demonstration and pilot projects
- Experience leading and facilitating teams and working across teams and communicating with a diverse range of people from technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and make complex decisions in a start- up organization where uncertainty can be high with an ability to prioritize needs and seek further information as necessary to make decisions as well as know when to seek team input for decisions
- Ability to self manage time and responsibilities, with proficiency in prioritizing tasks, organizing time and managing multiple activities to meet deadlines; strong organizational and project management skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Strong writing skills, and documented experience writing, editing, and proofreading, and an ability to compile and synthesize divergent sources of information to create cohesive reports and recommendations
- Ability to utilize software needed for the role, including Microsoft Office (word, excel), developing and presenting PowerPoint presentations, and program management and tracking software is key to success in the role
Ecosystem Services Market Consortium (ESMC)/Ecosystem Services Market Research
Position Title: Cropland Project Manager, FTE
Position Location: Remote, some travel expected
Position term: Annual Contract Basis
Interested applicants should send cover letter, earliest possible start date and resume to email@example.com. Please include your name at the top of all documents, and file names for all files that are sent (ex. Jane Doe cover
Note that this position will work closely with the Rangeland Project Manager. In your cover letter, please note whether your
interest is only in the Cropland Project Manager position or if you would like to be considered for both positions, how you meet the listed qualification requirements, and salary requirements.
Position will be open until filled.