Loan Officer Intern
Summary & Objective:
Spend you summer working alongside our leading agricultural lenders to
advance your skills in finance, sales, marketing, and customer service.
Apply your business skills in a real world environment, expand your network
of professional contacts, and gain valuable experience with an industry leader.
The Carolina Farm Credit Summer Internship Program allows students to spend their summer working with our leading agricultural lenders. Carolina Farm Credit interns will work alongside our Loan Officers to advance skills in finance, sales, marketing, and customer service. Interns will be able to apply business skills in a real world environment, expand your network of professional contacts, and gain valuable experience with an industry leader. The internship will last 10-12 weeks.
Carolina Farm Credit is a $1.7 billion agricultural lending organization with 29 branch offices located across 54 counties in North Carolina. We are part of the Farm Credit System, which has been serving the credit needs of rural America for over 100 years.
- Industry Knowledge. Learn about the Farm Credit System and Carolina Farm Credit’s operation, products and services, and primary job functions.
- Business Development. Develop the skills necessary to effectively promote our business by understanding how to market products and services.
- Financial Analysis. Discover how to make sound credit decisions by understanding balance sheets and income statements, learning key ratios and their importance in the decision process, and reviewing and interpreting credit reports.
- Customer Relationship Management. Understand how to service existing customers by participating in the loan application process, loan closings, and farm visits.
- Project Management. Utilize project management tools to plan, lead, and deliver projects at both the association and branch levels.
- Career Skills Assessment. Learn more about your individual skills and competencies and the impact they will have on your career plan.
Candidates must be highly motivated, have strong organizational and communication skills, have high attention to detail and be proficient in MS Office applications and open to new technology. Some travel will be required.
Top candidates will be rising seniors majoring in finance, agriculture, or business with a 3.0 GPA or higher.
Location: Flexible (we have 29 branch offices in NC)
Duration: 10-12 weeks
Hours: Up to 40 hours/week
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for one of Carolina Farm Credit’s summer internships, you should complete an application online at carolinafarmcredit.balancetrak.com/.
For questions, please contact Hannah Morrow at email@example.com