VP Agribusiness Lender
Job DescriptionThe VP Agribusiness Lender will drive business development, credit
administration and manage large accounts which typically have
$50mm - $1Billion or more in sales and are regional or national in scope of business.
Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is seeking a highly-driven professional with strong commercial lending skills to manage relationships with some of our largest commercial agribusiness accounts.
The VP Agribusiness Lender will drive business development, credit administration and manage large accounts which typically have $50mm - $1Billion or more in sales and are regional or national in scope of business.
In this role, you will build and maintain ongoing relationships with large commercial accounts and develop and manage new opportunities. You’ll develop an in-depth understanding of the egg and poultry industry along with each customer and prospect. You’ll provide leadership to industry team members and leadership in meeting marketing and servicing goals while ensuring quality standards are met. If you’re not already an egg and poultry expert that’s okay, we’ll teach you the business with a team of experts to support you.
FCSAmerica is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace.
- Represent FCSAmerica as the relationship manager for select complex and often multi-lender commercial agribusiness relationships.
- Maintain a significant portfolio size of $200+ millions of commitments.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the assigned industry team in developing a comprehensive calling plan.
- Customer base and prospects may be located inside or outside of the territory of the Associations.
- Reflect a proven, consistent track record of team-leading performance and production as measured by new money, related product sales, interest rate spreads and fees.
- Emphasis will be placed on new business originated and balanced with purchased participations. Account sizes are typically focused on relationships in the $50+ million range.
- Solicit and maintain credit relationships with commercial agribusiness accounts through participated or syndicated relationships originated by other lenders.
- Maintain close working relationship with retail lending staff for purposes of supporting existing customer relationships and willingly provide marketing and relationship support for related accounts not currently financed by FCSAmerica.
- Coordinate and communicate consistent interpretation of FCSAmerica and division credit philosophies ensuring its implementation.
- 5+ years of experience in Commercial or Agribusiness lending field including credit underwriting and/or lending.
- Proven ability to develop new business.
- Bachelor's in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness or Animal Science preferred.
- Travel 20-30% of the time to meet with clients and to attend industry meeting and events is required.
Who is Farm Credit Services of America
FCSAmerica is a leading provider of credit and crop insurance to farmers, ranchers, and agribusinesses in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming. It takes a lot of expertise to meet the needs of today’s agricultural industry, and our 1,700 employees provide that in areas of lending, risk management, technology, marketing, customer and employee education.
We are headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, and support our customers and their rural communities from 43 local offices across our four-state territory. We take pride in serving every aspect of agriculture, from the young and beginning producer to some of the nation’s largest and most complex agribusinesses. The satisfaction that comes with serving an industry vital to all our lives shows in teammate surveys. FCSAmerica regularly is voted a top place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.