The Education and High School Fellowships start June 15 and end on June 19, 2020. Participants spend the duration of their fellowship in Washington, DC. Education Fellowships are for faculty and staff at Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSIs). High School Fellowships are for Secondary Education Superintendents, Principals, Agricultural and/or District Level Teachers working for Hispanic-Serving School Districts.
Science Fellowships are for science faculty at HSIs.
Your application package consists of the following items, which should be submitted as email attachments, and all of which much be received by the application deadline of February 12, 2020, for your application to be considered complete:
1. Completed Application Form (PDF) – Hand written applications will not be accepted, please complete electronically.
interest in the USDA and how you envision the fellowship will impact you, your institution’s program, and your work with your institution and its community. Finally describe how you plan to share information acquired during your fellowship with colleagues, students, and other interested individuals. (Word or PDF format)
b. For the Science Fellowship: A 800-1000 word statement describing your interest in the USDA, the specific research topic/interests you wish to pursue, and how you envision the fellowship will impact you, your institution’s programs, and your work with your institution and its community. Applicants are encouraged to visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/research/programs.htm and https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/ portal/nrcs/detail/soils/research/?cid=nrcseprd1321673 to identify several USDA scientists and/or research locations that conduct work targeting your research interests. As you identify potential locations, be sure to include those proposed research locations as part of your essay. Also make sure to specify whether you are interested in being partnered with ARS or NRCS for the fellowship. Finally, describe how you plan to share information acquired during your fellowship with colleagues, students, and other interested individuals. (Word or PDF format)
3. 3-4 Page CV/Resume (Word or PDF format)
4. Signed Application Certification Form (PDF)
5. Letter of Reference from your supervisor or equivalent, detailing your work and how this
fellowship would stand to benefit you and the institution. This should be submitted directly by your reference. It is your responsibility to notify the designated individual of the need to supply this reference and to ensure that they do so before the application’s deadline.
6. Statement of Institutional Support from your institution’s president, chancellor, or equivalent. This letter should include that the institution commits to support your participation in this fellowship and, if applicable, intends to continue those full salary and benefits, which would typically be provided during the fellowship period. This letter, once completed and signed, should be submitted directly by the individual designated to supply it. It is your responsibility to notify the designated individual of the need to supply this statement and to ensure that they do so before the application’s deadline.
All documents should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Here’s the link: https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/2020-e-kika-de-la-garza-fellowship-application.pdf