Manager of Strategic Partnerships & New Ventures (SP & NV)
The Manager, SP&NV will play an important role in supporting the objectives
of Land O’Lakes Venture37’s Plan for Growth (P4G) organizational strategy.
The Manager’s primary focus will be supporting the SP&NV team to increase
the number of relationships V37 has with non-USG customers (donors), deepen
these relationships, and bring in new business from these customers.
Land O'Lakes Venture37 is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening local agriculture, helping agribusinesses create jobs and linking farmers to markets. Since 1981, it has implemented over 315 integrated dairy, livestock and crops development programs in nearly 80 countries — creating lasting impact by linking farmers, businesses, and the public and private sector in local and global contexts. Land O’Lakes Venture37’s long-standing affiliation with Land O’Lakes, Inc. sets it apart. Land O’Lakes, Inc. is one of America’s largest farmer-owned cooperatives. It supports Land O’Lakes Venture37 project implementation with nearly 100 years of expertise in dairy, animal nutrition, crop inputs and agricultural insights and technologies. This gives Land O’Lakes Venture37 development projects a unique global view of agriculture, food and the power of well-functioning market systems. Land O’Lakes, Inc. supports these efforts as part of its enterprise purpose of Feeding Human Progress at home and around the world.
The Manager, SP&NV will play an important role in supporting the objectives of Land O’Lakes Venture37’s Plan for Growth (P4G) organizational strategy. The Manager’s primary focus will be supporting the SP&NV team to increase the number of relationships V37 has with non-USG customers (donors), deepen these relationships, and bring in new business from these customers.
Representative responsibilities include:
Strategy and pipeline development
Leverage and contribute to P4G fact base, ensuring early intel capture and targeted pursuit of priority customers and procurements
- Track funding opportunities across multiple customers, develop bid analyses and capture plans
- Manage and update opportunities and contacts in Salesforce
Customer and partner relationship development
Cultivate and deepen connections with contacts globally for key existing and new customers, including private foundations, corporations and non-USG bilateral agencies; develop strong understanding of key influencers
- Support the development and execution of customer development strategies, retain working knowledge of strategies to inform capture and institutional knowledge base
- Represent V37 in key customer meetings
- Cultivate and expand relationships with implementation partners including international NGOs, businesses and academic institutions
- Work with V37 colleagues and partners to develop customer-appropriate pitch decks, technical papers and other marketing collateral that showcase V37’s work and thought leadership
- Conduct marketing trips to meet with key customers and organize customer visits to Land O’Lakes to influence program design
- Position V37 for new business opportunities at industry events
- Fill key proposal roles, particularly technical writer, leader and coordinator – with responsibilities including development of partnership strategy and scopes of work, and sub-partner relationship management
- Conduct in-country reconnaissance to collect/analyze data informing proposal design
- Participate in, and when appropriate, lead proposal design sessions
- University degree in International Development, Business Administration, Agriculture, Economics or related field plus a minimum of five years relevant work experience, or combination of additional education and experience to total five years
- Demonstrated understanding of emerging trends in international agriculture/economic development
- Experience developing and maintaining partnerships and securing business from foundations, non-USG bilateral agencies, and corporates
- Experience leading teams to design competitive bids for donor funding, with expertise designing programs underpinned by causal models, technical writing and partnership development/management; budget expertise a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with emphasis on proposals and marketing materials
- Experience living and/or working in developing countries, particularly in Africa and Asia
- Ability to work and lead effectively in a team environment and work with people of diverse backgrounds in various cultural settings
- Proactive, detail-oriented, flexible and able to focus and guide others in accomplishing time-sensitive work
- Ability to travel and work effectively in developing countries
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.