2020 Global Preclinical Development Co-op
The Future Talent Program features co-operative assignments that up to 6 months and will include one or more projects. These opportunities can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
The scope of this co-op is to actively support assigned aspects of US Pre-Clinical Drug Safety project(s) associated with evaluating the safety of veterinary drugs and drug products for patients (i.e. the target animal) and/or product user(s) (e.g. veterinary professionals, pet owners) before these drugs/products enter the market. This co-op may include a combination of any the following activities:
- Participate in design, planning, monitoring, and/or reporting of pre-clinical studies.
- Management, analysis, interpretation and/or integration of one or more pre-clinical datasets.
- Preparation of scientific documents based on scientific literature and/or pre-clinical data analysis.
- Ensure clear, concise and timely communication and also problem identification associated with the assigned project(s).
- Monitoring of outsourced safety studies at contract research organizations (may require travel).
- Must be in the process of earning a PhD in a relevant biological / biomedical / life science (e.g. toxicology/pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, biochemistry, etc.)
- Completed at least 1 year of graduate course work by June 2020
- Available for a period of at least 6 months
- Excellent English communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to efficiently and independently carry out assigned tasks/projects
- High capacity for and interest in learning new things
- Ability to follow policies and procedures and be an active member of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Basic understanding of toxicology/pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, animal health, and/or risk assessment
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.