Companion Animal Territory Sales Representative/Manager
Our Senior Territory Representatives interact face to face with our customers, understand their needs and consult to offer the right solutions. We work collaboratively in Field Sales Teams and play a critical role in supporting our customer centric business model.
The Territory Representative is a key member of the field sales team and plays a critical role in supporting our customer centric business model. This position is responsible for working in their respective territory to understand and identify veterinary clinic, shelter facility, and corporate account customer needs, by selling our company's products, supporting pull-through activities relative to the customer strategy, and ensuring that our company is viewed as bringing value and technical innovations aligned to our strategic focus the Science of Healthier Animals. In addition, the Territory Representative demonstrates an understanding of the resources available across the company and our Distribution Partners.
Communicates about product in a way that's meaningful and relevant to each individual customer; customizes discussions and interactions based on understanding of customer's needs
Primary point of contact for assigned customers, meet with key personnel/decision makers to understand practice structure, business model, key influencers (Owner/Practice Manager/Key Tech/Associate Vet/Front office staff), customer needs and identifies business opportunities.
Develop customer strategy - outlining strategy for interactions/relationship, solutions, partner involvement and potential offerings for customer resulting in sales opportunities and account sales growth of our animal health products and services.
Develop territory and specific account plans for all key customers. Partners with National Account Managers, Corporate Account Team, and Distribution Field Partners to maintain strong focus on key accounts and corporate owned clinics to drive occupancy and sales growth.
Work collaboratively across all species teams to foster our approach to enhance knowledge of the entire animal health product portfolio.
Shares with other team members within the region to foster growth and development within the team.
Analyze sales results on a monthly basis and manage expenses within budget guidelines.
Identifies and selects programs/services available within available resources to address customer needs and provide education & training opportunities to accounts.
Works with leadership and Field Professional Services to develop and deliver relevant offerings that address desired customer needs.
Develop current understanding of products, industry trends and competitor landscape.
Articulates and communicates relevant customer, industry, product, and market trends appropriately through the organization.
Responsible for developing and meeting learning and development objectives agreed upon with leadership.
This position will cover Saint Paul MI, Eau Claire WI, and Hudson, WI
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree
Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant sales experience is required.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated motivation and focus on achieving measurable, tangible results.
- Commitment to collaboration as the normal mode of working and resolving problems.
- Demonstrated understanding of positions’ contribution to the business goals and willingness to adopt changes to current processes to meet customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to independently understand customers’ evolving needs and expectations and combines with knowledge of customers’ organization and culture to drive results.
- Effective application of selling techniques and approaches, simultaneously managing multiple customers/accounts at different stages of the sales process, articulating the value of the companys products using approved resources.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and manage a diverse mix of accounts independently within a territory, including some complex accounts, and to develop plans based on unique opportunities and customer needs.
- Proficient computer skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to use an iPad.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Ability to travel overnight and some weekend activity
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Sales experience and/or experience within the Animal Health industry
- Knowledge of animal health biological and pharmaceutical products
- Understanding or past experience working with distribution
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Animal Health division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to the health and well-being of animals. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society and our planet. We offer one of our industry’s most innovative portfolio of products, services and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species.