The Department of Natural Resources (DNR) provides outdoor recreation activities and manages Minnesota’s natural resources to create economic opportunity and a sustainable quality of life
- Deer River
- Grand Rapids
- Side Lake
- Little Falls
- Park Rapids
- Two Harbors
- Willow River
- 1. You must be a student at an accredited educational institution; AND
- 2. Your advisor must certify that you will either receive academic credit or fulfill an academic requirement. The signature of a sponsoring academic instructor is required prior to beginning an internship.
3. Majoring in one of the following areas: Forestry, Natural Resources with an emphasis in Forestry, or similar program focusing on Forest Management. Please contact us if you are unsure if your major qualifies.
4. Ability to work in adverse weather and environmental conditions.
5. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
6. Ability to identify trees and forest plants of Minnesota.
- 1. Current student at a four year university that is accredited by the Society of American Foresters (SAF).
- 2. Safety, CPR, and/or first aid training.