Position Title: NatureVest Spatial Analyst
With the growing consensus among scientists and businesses that protection, restoration and improved management of ecosystems can provide more than 30% of the climate mitigation needed to limit warming to 1.5⁰ C, TNC has ambitious goals to expand natural climate solutions (NCS), particularly related to forests. The NatureVest Forest Spatial Analyst will be responsible for conducting spatial analysis, managing spatial data and cartography associated with forestry impact investments that seek to advance TNC’s goals of protecting land and water and mitigating climate change through NCS. They are an integral part of the NatureVest Forestry team, and work closely with TNC staff from across the organization and external partners.
• BS degree in related field and 3 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience managing, maintaining, and populating databases and manual files.
• Experience with interpretation of image analysis, complex spatial analysis, data modeling and landscape scenario analysis.
• Experience managing multiple projects.
• Experience operating GIS software (including ArcGIS), analyzing data and producing data reports and creating maps.
• Experience interpreting results and developing and delivering training (if required) to practitioners.
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite of programs and ArcGIS.
• Commitment to the mission and values of The Nature Conservancy, although no prior experience in environmental conservation is required.
• 3-5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with forest carbon project development and management.
• Knowledge of or experience with forest certification programs.
• Knowledge of or experience with the development of conservation easements and other land protection tools.
• Demonstrated experience influencing, developing and implementing conservation plans.
• Demonstrated experience in the following areas: interpretation of image analysis, complex spatial analysis, data modeling and landscape scenario analysis.
• Experience collaborating with other parties to obtain different data sources.
• Managing and prioritizing tasks from multiple sources and meeting deadlines.
• Communicating clearly via written, spoken, and graphical means.
how to apply:
- To view the full position description and apply to position 49590, please visit https://careers.nature.org. Applications will be reviewed in the order they’re received and the position will remain open until filled. If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact email@example.com. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on April 26, 2021.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of all genders, diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority, and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.