Normandeau Associates, Inc., one of the nation’s largest science-based environmental consulting firms, is seeking an experienced, full-time Wetland Scientist. This position will be based either in our Bedford or Portsmouth, NH office, with an emphasis on wetland science and permitting to support clients in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts. The most qualified candidate will:
- Perform wetland delineations, wetland functional assessments, botanical surveys, vernal pool surveys, stream assessments and/or other field-related studies;
- Have a working knowledge of state and federal environmental laws, policies and regulations as applied in the six New England states, with preference given to experience in NH, ME and MA;
- Have experience in writing technical reports and permit applications;
- Represent the firm and clients at state and federal resource agency meetings;
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Conduct field work, which may require a substantial amount of walking in a variety of weather and terrain conditions, and overnight travel;
- Establish scope, strategy and budget for smaller proposals, and effectively collaborate on larger multi-office proposals;
- Lead local business development efforts, to include making client contacts, identifying opportunities, setting up visits and participating in larger strategies and efforts;
- Lead, mentor, train and guide junior scientists as their supervisor;
Be self-motivated, organized and interested in career advancement within the company.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in an environmental field and a minimum of five years’ experience or a Master’s degree with three years’ experience as a consultant, and be either a NH CWS or PWS. Consideration will be given to those who are not NH CWS or PWS if they can demonstrate the ability to complete NH CWS certification in the next 12 months. Expertise in soil morphology is a plus.
As an employee-owned company, Normandeau offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Candidates should be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
If you are interested in joining an exciting firm, please submit a cover letter, resume, a sample technical report on which you
were the lead author, and three references to HR@normandeau.com with the subject “2021WS”.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Veteran/Disabled.