The highly motivated individual will assist the firm in researching and monitoring key legislative and regulatory policy and issues.
The Russell Group, a specialized food and agriculture lobbying firm, is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the team as a Legislative Assistant. This individual will assist the firm in researching and monitoring key legislative and regulatory policy issues.
- Track, review and analyze pertinent legislation and regulations.
- Monitor media for relevant press releases and articles.
- Prepare policy briefs, technical subject matter presentations and other correspondence.
- Cover Congressional hearings and briefings as well as Administration stakeholder calls.
- Provide occasional support with administrative tasks.
- Very strong writing, research and critical thinking skills.
- Flexibility, strong worth ethic and eagerness to learn.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree required.
The Russell Group is a bipartisan lobbying firm specializing in food and agricultural policy. Our nine team members have vast experience in Congress, in the Administration and working with industry leaders outside of the Federal government. Since the firm’s inception in 1985, providing our clients with the highest degree of service has been our mantra. The members of our firm work collaboratively and take a team approach, allowing us to offer versatility to every client.
Compensation & Benefits
Commensurate with experience. Includes health/dental insurance and retirement contribution.
*Applicant must be willing and able to work in an office setting.*
Email Allyson Alvaré at email@example.com with the subject line “Legislative Assistant” and include a resume and cover letter.