Business Analyst - Data & Insights
We are looking for highly-motivated and talented individuals to join one of the leading investment firms in the food and agriculture industry. S2G Ventures is looking for a Business Analyst to play a key role in our venture capital fund. S2G’s Platform Team offers a unique entry into the venture capital industry. As a member of the platform team, the associate will spend their time on enabling our data strategy, developing actionable insights for our business and unlocking upside opportunities for our partners and portfolio companies. As an associate you will get experience in managing data and implementing the firm’s data strategy, from the ground-up. The associate will have the opportunity to work closely across the entire firm, including senior leadership.
Independently mine, transform, analyze data in order to develop creative visualizations that drive actionable insights across the firm.
- Work across teams and use data to answer key business questions, building specifications for relevant data sets as required.
Analyze and visualize data (metrics, trends, insights, opportunities, and risks) via reports and dashboards to inform S2G strategic decision making and support portfolio companies
Develop business insights to support our portfolio companies and S2G’s value-add activity.
Develop business insights to support our ecosystem engagement efforts and enable more robust ecosystem development.
Develop integrated marketing insights across multiple data sources to drive decisions on marketing spend and creative investment
Maintain data hygiene and work collaboratively to support the development of S2G's Insights Platform.
- Clean, mine and prepare data for analysis
- Design, implement, and maintain Tableau & Google Sheets dashboards
- Develop standard operating procedures for collecting and updating data on a consistent basis
- Keep team accountable for data collection and data hygiene
- Create, coordinate, update and deliver internal training and materials relevant to business intelligence
- Maintain familiarity with S2G Ventures Salesforce configuration, technical/functional capabilities as well as related IT system/business application capabilities
- Maintain, update and integrate new systems as applicable
- Proactively identify enhancements and new data sources to answer critical questions
- Proactively identify enhancements and new data sources to answer critical business questions
- Develop and prioritize use cases based on S2G's strategic priorities and maintain a roadmap to enable business intelligence to support broader S2G technical expertise and capabilities
- Identify areas for continuous improvement in data collection, analytics and reporting, including enhancements with Salesforce and other technical systems.
- Independent thinker and self-starter with ability to run ad hoc queries and analysis
- 3-6 years of business analysis experience using business intelligence tools
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work independently and cross-functionally
- Expertise in creating visualizations that provide business insights; proficiency with Salesforce and data visualization tools (Tableau strongly preferred)
- Experience with various types of data repositories (e.g., data warehouses, data lakes, data marts) and data ingestion (ETL/ELT) a plus
- Experience with analytics tools and programming languages (SQL, SAS, R, Python, Java, Spark, Hadoop, Alteryx) a plus
- Experience developing presentations (ppt) and presenting a "story" based on data a plus
- Preferred experience in financial services, food/ag marketing
Reporting to the Platform Team and working closely with the entire S2G team. This is a salaried position working out of our Chicago office.
For information about S2G, visit www.s2gventures.com