Marketing Manager - North America
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and working closely with the
Sure Petcare global marketing team based
in Cambridge, UK, this role would suit an
experienced all-round marketing professional
looking to take ownership of the company's
communications to consumers, retailers and veterinary professionals in North America.
Sure Petcare is a pet technology company that develops products to enhance the lives of pets and their owners. The company has built a reputation for highly innovative connected pet products that are designed to re-define the way in which we care for our pets; making it easier for pet parents to monitor their pet’s day-to-day health and well-being.
Sure Petcare is part of Merck Animal Health and is embarking on an exciting period of expansion. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company, based at in Madison, NJ.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and working closely with the Sure Petcare global marketing team based in Cambridge, UK, this role would suit an experienced all-round marketing professional looking to take ownership of the company's communications to consumers, retailers and veterinary professionals in North America.
- Develop, maintain and implement a 12-month rolling activity plan that represents the overall communications strategy and key messaging periods. This will encompass all relevant marketing channels, but will have a particular focus on PR, email and content marketing.
- Work with the Head of Marketing and global marketing team to localize and develop product messaging and campaign concepts which are both relevant and appealing to all key customer groups.
- Work with both in-house content and creative teams, as well as external agencies to develop campaign content.
- Develop a partner marketing strategy for the North American market.
- Work with the Animal Health Companion Animal team to maximize the exposure of Sure Petcare products across all veterinary channels.
- Work with key retail accounts to develop marketing campaigns which drive product sales via their platforms.
- Manage North American events strategy and logistics.
- Prepare regular activity reports for the Head of Marketing and leadership team.
- Manage the North American marketing budget.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement coordinated, multi-channel marketing plans.
- Strategic thinker with extensive experience of end-to-end marketing campaign management.
- Excellent written communications skills, with the ability to articulate messages in a clear, concise and inspiring way.
- Excellent planning skills and an ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Hands-on individual who relishes the opportunity to develop a relatively untapped market.
- Good team worker who can collaborate effectively across the business.
Education & Work Experience
- BS/BA in Marketing, Communications or similar field
- 5+ years in a B2C marketing role
- Experience of working in an international marketing role preferred
- People management and budget management experience essential
- Experience in the retail and veterinary industries desirable
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Marketing Cloud an advantage
To Apply Now, please send your resume to AntelliqJobs@Merck.com with the Acquisition ID included in the Subject.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, N.J., USA is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit: EEOC Poster EEOC GINA Supplement OFCCP EEO Supplement Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.