Woody Biomass & Forest Products Advisor
Applied Research and Extension
Serving Riverside and San Bernardino County, California
The Woody Biomass and Bioenergy Advisor will implement an innovative extension education and applied research program with the goal of increasing the utilization of low value woody biomass in the region. Opportunities abound for extension and research partnerships with forest landowners, natural resource professionals, private enterprises involved in woody biomass utilization, and local, state, and federal agencies. The advisor joins a team of highly motivated UCCE colleagues across the state who are passionate about their work and are dedicated to making a difference within the communities and throughout California. The potential for collaborative projects within the UC ANR system is nearly limitless.
The position will
• Investigate opportunities and strategies for increasing the use of woody biomass though development of biofuels and bioenergy, as well as other products.
• Integrate efforts to enhance biomass management and natural resources manufacturing with strategies for reducing community risk from wildfires.
• Evaluate how sustainable, climate smart, forestry practices enhance community resilience.
• Develop and extend research-based information on the efficacy of converting woody biomass into fuels for transportation and other products consistent with the California Forest Carbon Plan.
• Identify and develop markets for biomass-generated soil amendments for use in agricultural, forest, and urban settings consistent with goals of the Healthy Soils and other programs.
Location Headquarters: Moreno Valley, Riverside County, CA
Education: A minimum of a Master’s degree in forestry, engineering, soil science, environmental science/design, or related field is required at the time of appointment.
Salary: The beginning salary will be in the Assistant CE Advisor Rank and commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications. For information regarding CE advisor series salary scales, please refer to: https://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/358478.pdf
How to Apply:
If interested in this position, please review further details regarding major duties/responsibilities and qualifications at https://ucanr.edu/about/jobs/.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://recruit.ucanr.edu/ and choose “applicants” (refer to position #21-58). To assure full consideration, application packets must be received by March 11, 2022 (open until filled).
Please contact Alma Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you should have any questions.