Marine Mammal Intern
The Marine Mammal Professional Internship is an entry-level opportunity to assist trainers in the daily care of West Indian manatees and Common Bottlenose dolphins. Interns will use interpretive skills to connect with our guests in promoting marine stewardship (50%) as well as preparing diets and maintaining cleanliness of all areas (50%).
- Narrate science-based studies stressing cognitive inquiry, marine mammal awareness and marine conservation issues in an engaging and informative format
- Prepare daily diets for the marine mammal collection at The Seas with Nemo and Friends.
- Promote a healthy environment through sanitation and cleanliness.
- Build knowledge of behavior, training and record management.
- Contribute to ocean conservation on a global scale.
- Three months of public speaking experience in a zoo, aquarium, museum or nature center setting
- Strong comfort level with public speaking and presenting to large groups of guests
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- The ability to operate a company vehicle. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting.
- SCUBA certification, and possession of a SCUBA certification card, is required at the time of application
- Less than six months experience in a marine mammal setting
- Strong career interest in marine mammal training or husbandry
- Junior, senior or recent college graduate
- Biology, Behavior or related science major
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
Required Materials: Must be attached within 48 hours of application submission
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- College transcripts (official or unofficial)
- Please attach a copy of your SCUBA Certification Card front and back
- Attach a cover letter to tell us a bit more about your passion for this field, and how you have cultivated this passion in your field to date to prepare for your future career
To upload these documents:
- Log into your Dashboard
- Click the second tab "Attachments"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript/cover letter/resume/etc
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what you want to add, select "Transcript"/or type of document you are attaching
- Be sure your document is titled appropriately with your name and type of document in this format: First Name_Last Name_Transcript
To Apply Visit:
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.